View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 23, 2010, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
I don't mean this in an offensive manner, but do you officiate basketball? That is absolutely a foul!

Last night, a similar play happened in the UCONN/Virginia Tech game. The officials called the foul and went to the monitor to see if it was flagrant - I can't look at the play in this thread from work, but if I remember right it was more contact than the play last night.

The foul last night was an easy foul and the only thing in question was to determine if it was flagrant. Jim Calhoun ended up getting a T for saying something to the official about this.
I'm evolving on this one....here was my most recent reply that you evidently didn't read:

"Still working it out....here's what I see:

almost simoultaneously, the offensive player pivots forward towards defender who is also moving forward into and has two hands on the offensive player's torso.

it's easy to see why the pc foul was called because the upper, outside part of the offensive player's arm makes contact with defensive player....it's not so easy to see the defensive player made first contact.

hats off to the defender for drawing the foul "