Thread: PRE-GAME A MUST
View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 29, 2000, 02:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim Porter Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Porter
Quote:
Originally posted by Drifter

That's why, in my opinion, a post-game conference is just as important. That's the time you should spend going over where the two of you went wrong. That's where they'll start getting it.

Unfortunately, any post game conference you want to hold in MY association, will be quick. In fact you'll need to tell your story walking. I don't think I've ever seen an umpire "hang around" to discuss mechanics after a game.

Vern

It shouldn't be done at the field, unless you're lucky enough to have dressing rooms.

It's truly a shame the members of your association neglect a ten-minute post-game conference. You should consider getting that fixed. It doesn't hurt, you know. We've found it to be extremely successful at helping our association improve as a team.

Basically, you guys have a choice. You can spend a few extra minutes working to improve, or you can race outta there to your hot date and stop thinking about baseball altogether. I know what the most dedicated and successful umpires in my association do. Heck, they get together at a local pub for a brew anyhow. It usually happens there.