Thread: Pregame
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 06, 2003, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RookieDude
Quote:
As far as our pre-game goes, I've worked with the same two partners for the past 5 years
Wow...I know you have stated this before...but that seems unbelievable, at least in the type of association I am in.

There are some obvious advantages to working with the same guys all the time...but don't you miss out on working with different people that come into your association?

5 years...hmmmmm, there are alot of MARRIAGES that don't last that long.
Well, we haven't divorced yet, although I expect the senior member will probably hang'em up after this year or next.

I get an occassional opportunity to work with different official. I'm filling in on a varsity doubleheader on tomorrow night and filling in on a JV doubleheader on Thursday. I am looking forward to the Thursday assignment because one of the officials is a rookie and the other is a 3rd year who isn't progressing very well. If I survive it, it should provide a few teachable moments.

I really enjoy working within the crew concept. The three of us get along very well and work well together. I normally work with a different crew 2-4 times a season. But I'm certainly more comfortable working with my crew. I know what to expect in any situation, know how they will react, and know what they're going to call. As I said, it's comfortable.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith