View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 17, 2010, 05:59am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Rash Generalization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchalk jhawk View Post
FYI, if you have problems with shin splints, stay away from the patent leather Reebok's. The most painful year of my career was spent in those shoes. When I changed them out with a pair of Shox in the last month of the season, things got almost instantly better.
So, on your opinion any referee who ever had shin splints should avoid buying these shoes? Wow! A very condemning statement.

Possibly similar to your experience, I tried a pair of Patent Leather Official Choice shoes this year and had a terrible time. But, I believe it's because my feet were not right for the shoe - IMO. NOT because the shoe is bad.

When trying them on for some reason I didn't realize they had a high arch - and I have a flat foot. After several uses my feet really hurt badly. I even took out the insoles and tried some fairly expensive inserts - still a no go for me.

So, if anyone wants an inexpensive pair of seldom warn OC Patent Leather size 9 1/2's, PM me and maybe we can work up a deal. After a few uses, they're just collecting dust......but, they brush off nicely and look super!