View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 15, 2010, 02:56pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Duck View Post
Team A and the officiating crew are on the floor before the start of the 1A state championship game. Team B comes running out with just under 10 minutes on the clock before the start of the game. The second player in their lay-up drill (call him B1) decides that dunk is called for and appropriate...in fact, it was a nice dunk and got a nice reaction from the crowd. The umpire clearly saw the dunk. How, you may ask, do I believe that to be true from my seat in the stands? Because he immediately walked over to the player, put his hand on his back and talked to him. I assumed he was informing the player he had been assessed a techinical foul and getting his number for recording purposes. However, game time arrived and it started with the normal toss.

What are your thoughts.
No brainer imo. If it's an obvious dunk, a technical foul should have been called. But after saying that, I do agree with M&M also. There might be a reason that the dunk wasn't called. There may have been instructions given to the crew beforehand. So, without talking to the official involved, the "might" and "may" means there is possibly a slight doubt involved.

Put me down with M&M as being slightly wishy-washy also.