View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 12, 2010, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoopref View Post
In the conference that I work, our supervisor says get to the best angle to see the play on a last second shot. The L has to realize that a 3pt shot is the only play that the black team is going to make. He has to know where the rest of the crew is and players in his area. He does no good by just standing on the baseline when he sees a player on the wing in the 3pt area; he ended up being straight-lined on the shot. There were no other players in his area except the shooter and 2 defenders. If he positioned himself along the key below the FT line, I believe he would have had a better look at the play.
Maybe I'm not envisioning this play right, but I see no way being on the court, halfway up a lane line, is the right place to officiate a try on the wing beyond the 3-point line. If anything, that would be the place most likely to get straight-lined.

But, that's just me. Seems to me that the best place for L to be heading into the play as you describe it is very wide on the endline. Like in the corner.