View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 11, 2010, 11:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBall_Junkie View Post
somewhat true... but they have travelled around the states and played in at least two and I think three tournaments around the country this year with many premier schools as invitees and destroyed all of them... You have never seen a group of players on one team with the quicks and hops that they have up and down their line up. I have seen teams that have 2 or three players on their HS team with that kinda of talent but not 8 or 9 like Yates has... Houston bball is stout.
I understand they play some good talent and they travel, but they do not play a lot of the top players all the time. That would be nearly impossible unless states just threw out their standards and allowed teams to play as much as they can. I am just saying this because even our top teams only play so much outside of the area. And many like Derrick Rose is now a big time NBA player and All-Star and they were not highly ranked nationally as a team. And they beat Oak Hill in a game in Chicago. Just saying rankings are great, but that does not mean they could not be beat. And I think the truth is where these kids go for college (or pro) and what impact they have. That is a better barometer if you ask me about the quality of talent they play. And one of the reasons I say this is also I see some really good players that are not even that big time go to college and become very special players like at the college ranks and you hardly heard of them. Let alone the others that are making a big impact like Sheron Collins of Kansas and Jon Scheyer of Duke. I do not know that they would blow teams out around here consistently by scoring 100 points. Maybe I am wrong, but just a guess.

Peace