View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 09, 2010, 02:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Let me pull rank a little, you should understand this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini_Ref View Post
And four (that's a majority) of the officials responding here feel that a technical foul COULD be issued.
Brian,

Let me pull a little rank one you. I am not going to publish the email that was sent between another official and our head guy on this. But you are not a clinician with the State of Illinois. You are just an official. I am a clinician with the state of Illinois in basketball and one thing I have learned is to contact guys like Harry B (head clinician and head rules interpreter for the State of Illinois, who I also know very well and work for in both high school and college) or the IHSA office if I am not clear. The KG clarified what I basically said on this. KG made it clear that this could be handled by game management and suggests that this was the likely scenario as I had said originally and all along in our discussion over there.

There are not many people here that live in our state, but if this happens in their area I would suggest they do the same thing and contact the powers that be. And you have people that do not agree with you as to make the AC stay at the bench. They are handling the very same way I suggested as did the administrator of boys basketball. This is why I said to file a Special Report in the first place. Because it seems that the only people that took action to contact the IHSA was an official that did so based on a discussion board conversation. The officials on the game did not do so and certainly not the teams involved in the game in question. I also did not hear that the officials gave a T or even had the guy removed. So they did not even notice the behavior or decided to do nothing at all. You do not have to agree with me, but I stand by what I said and really do not see the big deal. When you work a game you are responsible for you actions or behavior and judgments. I have earned the right to take many positions and take action appropriately with the higher ups. I have never seen this nor do I feel this is a tragedy as you have made this out to be. Maybe you have not been in that position, but I have as an administrator. And I get asked all the time personally about situations and I contact those that know more than me what we should do so there is consistency.