Thread: New Play
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 06, 2003, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Double-dose of advil!

Quote:
Originally posted by JMN
My turn.

2nd and 10 @ A-35. A1 takes snap and rolls out bend the line of scrimmage. He throws a legal forward pass to A2 who catches the pass beyond the LOS. While the pass is in the air, B1 holds A3 who was faking a screen pass at the A30.
Flag down. Holding by the defense during a loose ball play. Basic spot right now is the previous spot, the A-35.

Quote:
A2 then throws a backward pass to A1 who is behind the LOS.
Nothing illegal about this.

Quote:
A1 now sees receiver A4 all alone at the B45 thanks to the A coach who is on the field to point out how wide open the receiver is.
You have unsportsmanlike conduct on the team A coach for being on the field.

Quote:

A1 completes the pass to A4.
Legal. Pass was thrown behind the N.Z. It is the only requirement.

Quote:

Oh, by the way, lineman A5 is 10 yards past the LOS on B's side.
Flag down for ineligible down field. I'm thinking, "Dang-it, I knew I should have been carrying that second flag!"

As of this point, we have double-fouls.

Quote:

A4 immediately fumbles the ball.
B2 picks up the ball and begins to run being sure to grab, but not twist A4's face mask as he tries to stiff arm him at the B25.
Another flag down. I'm now done to my BVD's. Let's hope their isn't another foul and that it is a warm day (or that another official was covering the play).

Quote:

In order to get more leverage, B2 dedides to use both hands on A4's face mask and fumbles the ball.
Sounds flagrant! Flag and GET THE # so he can be ejected.

Quote:

A4 regains conciousness and picks up the ball and waltzes into the endzone unmolested for the touchdown.
Results of the play. Touchdown for team A. However, A4 will not be allowed back into the game because it was determined that he was unconcious

Quote:

As he prances into the endzone, A4 taunts cornerback B2 and spikes the ball.
Yet more yellow down for the U.C. At this point, there is more laundry on the ground than some male IU student's dorm room floor.

Quote:

Frustated by the "two handed, double facemask twist", the PA announcer calls the B team a bunch of #@^*%"#! losers and goes on to invite all of A's fans to BA the B team. (It's unimportant to the play whether or not the crowd complied!)
Game over. Get out of Dodge before we even try to sort this out.

Quote:

There was more, but I thought this was enough.

What's the call? Who's got the ball? How do we enforce the fouls? YOU, MAKE THE CALL!!!!
Without the last action of the PA announcer, this is what would happen (after I was able to redress the crew).

We have double fouls, the down would be replayed. All of the live-ball fouls would cancel each other out, except B2 would be ejected for his flagrant face mask foul. We then penalize the UC fouls as dead-ball fouls and in the order of occurence. Penalize team A coach for his U.C. 15 yards back to the A-20. Penalize Team A another 15 yards for a4's taunt/spike. Half the distance to the A-10. I'm not sure of down and distance after penalty but the ball would be on the A-10 yardline, right?

Would it be 2/35 at the A-10? Or 1/10 at the A-10? I'm thinking 2/35.