View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 08, 2010, 04:19pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
That is why I do not use that as a standard. "You're kidding me" would not likely even get a response from me. If it did a T probably would not be the response. And if the standard is TV, they have blocked out a lot of words I would never find offensive or even a T would be warranted.
As an aside, I've found it funny that a local station has edited, for example, the word "a$$" out of one song in particular and yet their DJs don't hesitate to use it on air.

I have a good feel for the standards in this area, and apply them similarly on the court; and in all honesty would only apply the "profanity" rule to a small handful of words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

I understand. And this just illustrates why I do not like "automatics." I just want something more meaty to have than what a player says under their breathe or something more than losing control of the ball while being personally frustrated.
I'm with you, and your exampe of the player getting hit in the jewels perfectly illustrates my feelings on why I don't like the term "automatic." In order to make something sufficiently automatic, you have to make it so specific it's meaningless.