View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 08, 2010, 04:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Agreed, but it's still different, I see that similar to a kid butting his head against the wall in frustration. Now, if he does some sort of soccer header on the ball and launches it out of frustration, he'll get a chance to retrieve it. As far as I'm concerned, he may as well have throwin it; it'll get treated the same.

For me, for lack of an authoritative definition, I'm going with the ones that are not allowed to be broadcast over the radio. Those words will get less tolerance and have fewer contexts in which they will not draw a T. Other words (damn, OMG, JC, etc.) will depend largely on context. I'll treat them all similar to if the player had said, "you're kidding me."
That is why I do not use that as a standard. "You're kidding me" would not likely even get a response from me. If it did a T probably would not be the response. And if the standard is TV, they have blocked out a lot of words I would never find offensive or even a T would be warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
And here we are, both of us saying we didn't say the other was wrong.

I understand and agree with what you're saying; I was just responding to what I felt (rightly or wrongly) was an unfair insinuation that those who would call the T in the OP were either thin-skinned or "overly officious."
I understand. And this just illustrates why I do not like "automatics." I just want something more meaty to have than what a player says under their breathe or something more than losing control of the ball while being personally frustrated.

Peace