View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 26, 2010, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Saw the play. As soon as I saw Kidd accelerating towards the sideline, I knew what he was trying to do. There certainly is a case for the technical to be called.

294. Player A1 attempts a three-point field goal directly in front of Team B’s bench. A coach/player/trainer of Team B, who is seated on the bench, makes physical contact with Player A1. The official rules that the contact was: (1) accidental or (2) intentional. What is the ruling?

In (1) and (2), an unsportsmanlike conduct technical foul shall be called. If the field goal attempt is unsuccessful, three points shall be awarded Player A1. Following the free throw attempt, the ball shall be awarded to Team B on the baseline. The same rules would apply if someone seated on the bench throws any object toward the player or ball during a field goal attempt.
RULE 2 - SECTION III
RULE 12A - SECTION V - a

I'd be interested if that's how the NBA wants the particular play to be judged. Wouldn't be surprised to see the play on Making The Call With Ronnie Nunn.

Now I've never seen it before. I doubt you'd see a kid with the wherewithal to try that.
your scenario and what happened are apples to oranges - one talks about a shot attempt and the OP there is no shot attempt. But I can see how the officials could fall back on the reasoning from this to back them in their decision.