View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 26, 2010, 09:32pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Player Intentionally Runs Into Coach

NBA (yeah, I know, my son came down and told me to switch channels and watch this play)

Hawks 97, Mavs 95 1:47 to go.

Hawks coach is at his bench area coaching. He’s motioning and waving his players around. Jason Kidd is coming down the court and crosses the Division Line and is taking the ball down the near sideline. Altanta Coach appears to be a ½ step on the court and sees Kidd coming towards him and backs off the court. Kidd intentionally comes by the Coach, sticks out his elbow and hits the Coach and loses his balance.

TWEET!

Refs confer. T on the Hawks Coach, in spite of the obvious initiating contact by Kidd because the Coach was on the floor or just off of it. Big discussion. Mavs make the T and get the ball back. Game eventually goes into OT (sorry Padgett).

Anyone ever had anything like that before? Really bizarre as Kid purposefully through out his elbow to draw contact. Hopefully it will make ESPN or Youtube.