Thread: PRE-GAME A MUST
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 27, 2000, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

Re: What do you include???

Assuming 2 man mechanic I would include the following:

PU has all Fair / Foul calls except: No-One on base BU in Position (A). In this situation, if there is a liner right down the first base side of the bag, the BU would make the Fair / foul call (after the bag) - up to the bag is the PU's call.

In position (A). the PU has all fly balls with the exception of a ball hit down the first base side.

In position B / C the BU has the Fly balls in the V - the PU has the fly balls outside the V, first and third base lines.

If the BU goes out - Tell him to stay out. In this situation the PU then has to cover all the bases. Normally in a 2 man system the BU will not go out unless they have to, like a possible shoe-string catch.

Man on first situations:
PU will take r1 to third
It's the PU's responsibility to watch for interference by r1 when sliding into second on a DP situation. It's even more important in FED games because in FED if r1 slides illegally into second we have an automatic DP.

As I already mentioned to you before, plays around or in the Batter's Box area, I will tell the BU to "kill" any play he sees right away. I coulds blocked out by F2 and not have a clear view of the play as the BU has.

Man on third - Now PU has to stay put so all bases belong to the BU.

Also, Comminicate during the game. Lets say r1 base hit by B1 I will say Mark I got three. Comunicate / Communicate

This are just a few examples and I'm sure others who post here can give you many more. The important thing is Comminication.

Pete Booth