View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 25, 2010, 12:35pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsman1288 View Post
+1

I don't know you personally, but from what I've read of your posts you come across as someone who has a fairly high opinion of themselves and their ability to officiate. Obviously, this opinion is not shared by your association or you wouldn't be complaining about not getting enough Varsity games. So once, just this once, I'm going to break my rule about giving unsolicited advice.

I used to have the same attitude you seem to have. Young, brash, cocky, and I thought I was a much better official than guys who had been doing this for years. I had to realize through some hard times and humbling that I wasn't the best official out there, and I was far from it. I finally realized this, and just shut my mouth and listened and said "yes sir" or "no sir". It was amazing how much more I learned and how faster I progressed up the ladder.

Maybe you should try that before you change associations. Of course, it's all up to you.
The first thing I would do if I was running the "new chapter" is call the guy who ran the "old chapter." They're in the same state, it's likely they know each other and also likely they're on friendly terms. If this is the case, he gets nowhere by moving.