View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 24, 2010, 08:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
I just remembered a similar play from the end of last year.. R1 @ 1 I'm PU.. I have a very good and experienced partner - and grounder to F4 with possible INT between R1/F4. To me it was dead on balls INT. No doubt. To just about everyone there it was INT.

My partner waved it off safe and I of course made no call. He got his talking to.. and we went on. Thankfully he didnt come to me.

So at post game, I was like WTF. His explanation indicated to me that even though I disagreed, he had a pretty thorough understanding of INT. He simply didnt see it as INT and that was that.

Anyway, I still disagree with his noncall, but the worst thing I could have done in that case (and this was a Fall ball NCAA game) would have been to jump on my partners call. The coach would have had a heart attack, the evaluator, my partner, everyone (including these very knowledgable coaches) would have known I was a goof ball jumping on my partners call... You shouldnt even consider making it IMO.

Not only because of partner cohesion, letting everyone know you two are goofballs, but also maybe you are wrong! Why is your opinion of the play more valid than his?

Again, great non call on your part.
And a good non call on your part Wade. Curious...what (if anything) did the evaluator have to say about the call?