Thread: The seatbelt
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 24, 2010, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Newbies please note. Even after being "seatbnelted", a coach may still stand in a few situations:

The head coach may stand within the coaching box to request a time-out
or signal players to request a time-out, to confer with personnel at the scorer’s table to request a time-out for a correctable error, or a timing, scoring or alternating-possession mistake be prevented or rectified, to replace or remove a disqualified/injured player or player directed to leave the game, during a charged time-out, or the intermission between quarters and extra periods, to spontaneously react to an outstanding play by a team member or to acknowledge a replaced player, but must immediately return to his seat.
Filed under the LETTER of the Law if not the SPIRIT of the Law:
Had a coach who had been seatbelted and warned. His player went in , drew the foul, made the bucket and the FT would have put them ahead. As the foul is being reported, the coach is jumping up while he was holding the seat against his butt!! I kid you not. He stayed "seated" and was spontaneously reacting to a good play. Probably a little much holding the seat at the same time. I tried it when I got home, have to be very limber!!