Thread: The seatbelt
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 24, 2010, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Had this happen in a Freshmen game. I whacked the visiting coach in the 3rd quarter for a comment he made following a comment he made in the 2nd quarter. Kept standing up, kneeling, squatting, etc. after several times I told him to sit. Giving him the benefit of the doubt (below JV are usually volunteer coaches not getting paid much if anything around here) because he might not have known what the seatbelt is, after the third time he did it I personally went to him face-to-face and said "coach, I'm not sure if you understand this or not. When any HC gets a Technical, he/she loses the coaching box privilege and must sit the rest of the game" and he said "oh ok, I apologize, I didn't know that" and didn't get out of that chair the rest of the game (except for TOs and stuff).

I'm along the same boat as many on here... no second technical if they're right in front of their chair/spot on the bench. Only if they move a step or two in either direction is when they will get the ejection from me. I don't want to write a report up for something simple like that, and have my assignor find out about it to change my schedule around a bit.