Thread: Thirsty???
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 24, 2010, 12:26pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea View Post
you really don't need to ask. just simply walk over and grab a cup.

just curious, has anyone ever heard a coach, player, or fan say: "you haven't given us a call all game and I know why....you had a drink from the other team!"....

c'mon people...if you're thirsty (which doesn't happen all that often during a game), just grab a drink.

if you still don't feel comfortable taking a drink during a game, that's your prerogative. i just don't understand why people feel that this is a big "no - no".
Let's not get silly here, I just said it doesn't look good. Personally, I don't care what you do there, but I'm not going to be the first guy in my association to do it.

As Rich alluded to, if I can't go a half without water, I didn't hydrate enough before the game.

Now, in AAU-type games with no locker room, I see no problem with having a bottle of water at the table. If I'm going to break protocol and drink during the game, on the court, I'd rather provide my own water than take some from one team.

Again, it's obviously going to be different with locale. It may be perfectly accepted in your area, so have a cup.