View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 23, 2010, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4 View Post
Not that this tread is long enough, but I had a play that was similar to the original question this past weekend. When it happened I thought of this tread.

Ball hit to F7 where the grass is wet. R1 stops on 3rd. F7 throws ball to F2. F2 tries to hand me the ball for a dry one. I just stand there. F2 again tries to get me to give her a dry ball. I just stand there. Finally, the defensive coach realized what was happening and told F2 to throw the ball to F1. When she did, R1 immediately broke for home. F1 made a bad throw to F2 and R1 slid in safely at home.

Guess who got mad at me. Defensive coach and all the parents. My response to the coach was that I could not kill the play until the pitcher had the ball in the circle and all play had stopped. She said what kind of stupid rule is that. I could not help but smile at her foolish remark and that made her even madder. After the game, the coach told me that I was right and apologized for her behavior.

I love early season games!!

Did I handle the situation correctly?
If all play has stopped you can call time. You don't have to wait until the ball is back in the circle. If you know the grass is wet and you need to replace the ball each time it goes into the grass, then why make her return it to the pitcher before you call time so she can throw it back to the catcher?