View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 22, 2010, 03:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter View Post
Rut, I agree it is covered in the rules but, I want to make sure that everyone on the crew is on the same page regarding when they should stop play and when we shouldn't. I've covered it when I am the "R" and I have had it covered when I was a "U" both in high school and college. Again, my rationale is it is one of those things that doesn't happen often but when it does, we should know how to handle it. It takes about 15 seconds of a pre-game. By the way, I haven't looked but, did you update the other post about how your tv game went?
All I am saying it is already in the rule. And since these are rare, every situation is going to be judged differently just because of the nature of these situations. And if your concern is that a kid will fake, this is why the rule is in place to allow the opponent to continue their movement to the basket. Nothing you have said is bad, but it is already covered and the covering officials will just have to make a decision. There really is no right or wrong here, but your judgment has to take over either way. I might look at a play and decide it is not serious and you may look at a play and decide it is serious. Whoever blows their whistle wins.

Peace