View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 21, 2010, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Like the skiing, pure timing. You can have the cross country skiing and biathlon. I hated poling more than 10' when I skied, so doing it for miles isn't going to get my attention. Like the addition of ski-cross as that more resembles true-life skiing than anything else. Having once been a gate judge at a few professional skiing events, I can really appreciate the slalom. And I agree, the jump should be distance and ability to land and stay on one's skis.

Probably to the disbelief of some, I love curling as should anyone who frequents a pub with shuffleboard.

I also like watching any of the sliding, though I get bored with those who constantly try to find excuses for failure. Paraphrasing one of the senior lugers the day after the practice luge accident, our equipment includes a sharp blade that reacts to the person steering the sled. The track is the track and if something goes wrong it is because the person steering it made a mistake.

And as all of you have already noticed, you can take the politics and fluff and ...........well, I don't think I need to continue on that subject.