View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 20, 2010, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcblue View Post
I was leaning towards 10.1(Plate Umpire shall have the athority to .... not covered in these rules).
You are correct. That is what I get for taking my eyes off the book while typing.

Quote:
I could have call a ddb. Then if the runner stopped at 1st call DD on award her 2nd. Based on using the principles of OBS.

You are right probably did go to far in award 3rd home, but the strategy behind the "continuation play" is to get the pitch to throw to second to score the run. Although we all know in REC that at least 75% of the time the pitcher is just going to hold the ball and let the BR go to second.
My logic: If you use OBS as a guideline, the BR reaching 2B probably would have meant the runner on 3B would have stayed on 3B as the defense most likely made no play affording her the opportunity to score.

Quote:
After the game the coach and I talked. He has years of Hardball exp. First year in fastpitch (jumped right into 16U ). Told me he would never do that again. I felt bad because they ended up loosing by that 1 run. He told me he told the girls, "you tied the other team, I lost to the other team". Good Guy.
Well, it is nice he realized he screwed up, but I don't think it would have been any different in baseball.