View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 20, 2010, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Rule 10.3.C

Don't know if I would have killed the ball immediately. Might have let it play out unless the coach's presence actually interfered with the play. And I probably wouldn't have awarded the runner on 3rd home unless there was actually an attempt to score.

But I wasn't there, you were and the rule with authorizes your ruling is listed above.
I was leaning towards 10.1(Plate Umpire shall have the athority to .... not covered in these rules).

I could have call a ddb. Then if the runner stopped at 1st call DD on award her 2nd. Based on using the principles of OBS.

You are right probably did go to far in award 3rd home, but the strategy behind the "continuation play" is to get the pitch to throw to second to score the run. Although we all know in REC that at least 75% of the time the pitcher is just going to hold the ball and let the BR go to second.

After the game the coach and I talked. He has years of Hardball exp. First year in fastpitch (jumped right into 16U ). Told me he would never do that again. I felt bad because they ended up loosing by that 1 run. He told me he told the girls, "you tied the other team, I lost to the other team". Good Guy.

Last edited by vcblue; Sat Feb 20, 2010 at 10:59pm.