Thread: Flying Shoe!
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 20, 2010, 03:49pm
Official Forum Member

Flying Shoe!

GV last night, I'm watching from the stands. Full court press H working the ball up the court and there is a train wreck just past the division line. Two girls go down, one is elbowed in the nose, but not intentionally. As the H player hits the floor a shoe goes bouncing past her head about 3 feet and comes to rest in between the downed players. I watch the nose injured player slowly rise expecting her to need a shoe for a foot. Nope, she has both her shoes on. The other player, V1, is up and I look at her feet, both shoes on her too! Where the heck did this shoe come from? A player from the free throw line area comes hobbling up and grabs the shoe and jams her foot down in it and stomps it on(shoe was laced and tied). This shoe flew about 20'. Just this last week I posted about being bothered by kids that don't tie their shoes properly. Guess who the player is that lost her shoe? My daughter!! I asked her after the game what happened. She told me that as she was bringing the ball up she got trapped, she passed the ball while running and somehow her foot got inbetween the "X" of the players setting the trap and when she ran through them her foot was caught sort of like a boot jack. Her momentum just ripped her foot through the "X" thus causing the shoe to be removed AND another player, H3 happened to be running by and H3 accidently kicked this shoe right into the train wreck! Wish I had a Clark special utube to show you folks, it was almost out of the circus.