View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 18, 2010, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
Worst dumb thing I did.. I was in C (2 man) R1@2B and a bunt to F5 who crashed.. to me the play was at 1 and I sucked in .. and that girl turned around and fired to F6 covering 3... it looked like an out to me with my horrible 180 on the play lol.. (duh).. so I called it out. Well of course I got a talking to and at this point I didnt want to drag my partner under the bus with me so I stood by it like It was the greatest call on earth .. apparently, according to my evaluator (lol) .. not so good.

Blah... They didnt suck me in again though.. just dumb on my part, I know better.
Wade...I feel your pain. I had a similar situation last year, only mine happened in the top of the eighth inning in the tiebreaker. Same basic play, same crappy angle, same "well, she looked out from here" call at third base. I was prepared to take some heat from the coach for the call, but when she started talking about all the calls I had blown at first base in the previous innings, we were finished with the conversation.