View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 18, 2010, 11:14am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Yep, he could, but he doesn't want to lose the big dogs by telling them they are limited on how many games they can work if they want to work for him. And he certainly couldn't just tell the younger guys that while allowing the big dogs to do whatever they want. Well, I suppose maybe he could, but....
I agree with that. But maybe you need to put your foot down and make a policy and stick to it that works for your league. Maybe other leagues will follow and you can get more guys in the mix that can work. I love many of the big names, but other officials can work too. And if you only want to give games to guys that will not even in many cases work deep into the post season, then what is going to happen in a year like this when many of the big timers are hurt. I think at some point you have to set a standard if you truly believe that certain officials are tired because they worked 10 days in a row. I am much younger than many that do that, and I get tired over working 2 or 3 days in a row.

Peace