Thread: Black Pants
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 16, 2010, 05:45pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canned Heat View Post
Take it for what it's worth, and I don't know how inclement the weather is where the rest of you work, but every crew that I've talked to in WI has echoed the same sentiments as Rich regarding the white knickers. I've said it all along...why football officials wear white pants when almost every other sport wears dark pants is beyond me...even indoor sports. I know it's a visual thing and traditional to a degree, but I doubt that you'll get any arguments in saying that a good crew with alot of hustle will leave any game they do in soiled white knickers. I did the youth state championship game last year on the new "field turf" and left with stains on my whities. Add to that, the socks (and yes, stirrups) issue is now a moot point, as well. Black socks are the norm to go with the black pants get-up, from what I've been told.

Like 'em or hate 'em....they're here to stay. I'm curious "GoodwillRef"...was this the final vote that you heard about today, or just delayed news...? My WIAA bulletin from over a week ago mentioned the approval of the blackies. Just wondering if there was still some doubt as of this morning.

I've looked at both and can tell you that the Gerry Davis pants are slightly superior to the Honig's...IMO (sorry, Dick)

Gerry Davis Sports: Davis Black Football Pants

Honig's Whistle Stop - P27 -Honig's Foul Weather Alternate Football Pants-
The last hurdle was the NFHS approving them as a uniform option. That's now done.

Depending on how hot these are, I may try them with short sleeves unless I'm told otherwise. I *despise* knickers. And my crew does not wear shorts, ever.