View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 15, 2010, 01:13pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLH17 View Post
1. My assignor and evaluators expect pre-game meetings with coaches. Captains usually attend. We are instructed to ask, if nothing else, "coaches, are all your players properly and legally equipped to play in today's contest?". We want both to say "yes" before proceeding.

2. If injury occurs because of something unseen is worn during the game, and the crew is called on it - our fallback is always that we did a pre-game and put the ball in the coaches court. It is their responsibility from that point on.

Now, if we as a crew, see something obvious (or even less than obvious) before or after that pre-game - of course, we will address it.

EDIT: snaqwells....saw your post after submitting my response to Hartsy.
1. We do ours separately, but I do it because it's expected. The players aren't listening and the coaches would rather have their attention on their kids. Coaches get four points addressed; sportsmanship, equipment, timeouts, and coaching boxes. Is it helpful? Probably occasionally, but I wouldn't consider it invaluable.

2. I can't imagine anyone inclined to hold you accountable would be swayed by this argument.