View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 04:42pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I do not think it always has to deal with military towns or even focus. For example no one even wore a flag on the shirt in my state (and it was not policy to do so) until the 9-11 events. That happened during football season and everyone ran out and got a flag on their shirt as we were given the option to wear one. By the time basketball season came around nearly over 2 months later it was a hit and miss kind of thing. Actually I rarely see officials to this day wear flags for basketball officiating. It is still very common in football, where as if an official did not wear a flag it would be noticed. And there was a period of time where officials tried to match, but I never put a flag on my shirts because I did not want to mess up a shirt by putting on another patch and hardly use the shirt. Then I soon got over matching as it is often a silly exercise when no one but us cares either way. So I stopped caring and just use plain shirts other than the state patch we must wear. Even in college games I have no patch on any of my shirts.

Peace
The state patch is just as idiotic, far as I'm concerned. We don't have one here. I like having no patch on a shirt at all.

I agree with you, BTW, but we always have tried to match flag or no flag. Maybe I'll give that up at some point.