View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I showed up at 3:45PM for the 4:15PM tipoff with my wheeled bag, dressed in nice clothes like I do for every game I work. There was nobody in the gym. I sat down and waited 15 minutes before anyone arrived.

I asked where I could change. The woman shrugged and said, well, there's a bathroom over there. Our officials come dressed. I was clearly an oddball.
I now come dressed for all junior high games. I learned this the hard way. I wheeled in 30 minutes before game time for a freshman girls game. After meeting my "where can I change?" with a deer in the headlights stare, then huddling up with her assistant coach for several minutes the head coach responds, "You can change in the girls PE locker room. We're done in there for now." So I'm in the girls locker room, just about to strip off, when in walks some random junior high girl with her mother. Turns out it's parent-teacher conference day. Ugh. So I find a nice safe boys restroom to change in.

After the game the coach apologizes and says we can shower and change in the coaches office in the boys locker room. We head in there, I turn on the shower, and settle into a chair for a few minutes to wait for it to warm up. Just as I'm starting to strip off, somebody comes into the locker room and announces for everybody to get out because the visiting team is coming in to change. Good thing I wasn't in the shower already where I might not have heard the announcement. That could have gotten real ugly real fast.

Last edited by Back In The Saddle; Thu Feb 11, 2010 at 12:21pm.