View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 04:59am
Official Forum Member

Wardrobe malfunction during the game

Never had anything like this happen before. I wear a flex belt (a.k.a. The Hidden Tailor) to keep my shirt tail tucked in. And, as the season wears on and I drop a pound or two, it helps keep the sans-a-belts up too. I've worn it for years and never had a moment's trouble with it.

Working a DH today, and during the first quarter of the second game I feel the free end hanging down a little. Unusual, since I always tuck the free end under and it stays put just fine. But not a problem, just unusual.

But as the quarter goes on, it starts hanging lower and lower and lower. Eventually I realize that it must have come unfastened. Annoying, but not a major problem. I glance at the clock, noting that there's only about 2:30 until the quarter break. Surely I can make it that long.

But the next trip down the floor I feel it starting to slide down my left leg. I realize that it won't last until the quarter break, that it may just fall right out of my pant leg. I begin stressing that I'm going to have to take an official's time out, in a very real sense. Not good.

Fortunately at that moment the home team calls a full time out. I report it and tell my partner I'll be right back. I dash out the gym door and bust down the hall to the locker room to drop my drawers and refasten the belt. Hearing the warning horn sound, I hustle back out into the hallway, still buttoning up my pants. I come running back into the gym as the second horn sounds.

Crisis averted, game (back) on.