View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 01:21pm
Archaic Power Monger

I had a good one last night. At half-time of one my 7th grade games, I was checking with the scorer just to see if everything was straight when I noticed he didn't have any team fouls marked for one team. I couldn't exactly believe we hadn't called any fouls the first half on that team and asked him about it. "He said, oh we had several but they were all offensive."

After getting him up to speed on team fouls, he told me that he was tracking them in the first game but the home coach came over and said that offensive fouls don't count towards the team total.

Fortunately other than that, the score keeper and clock operator were on top of everything else. Had some difficulties with my partner including him tell me that I couldn't call a shooting foul because the fouled player didn't actually take the shot after a hard foul. After starting to explain to him that I judged she had started her shooting motion when fouled he cut me off with "What are you a mind reader?" I think he thought we shot way too many free throws last night because I had several calls like that throughout the night.