View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 04:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
I was going to keep quiet, but you finally said enough for me to ask...what exactly is your experience level and what qualifies you to degrade the officials you've worked with and argue with the ones who have tried to help you on this site?

I wonder how many of your partners are going home and talking about the guy they worked with tonight that, "can't referee to save his life."

Getting plays right and knowing rules is the easy part of this job, staying humble and not talking sh*t about people can be the tough part...kinda appears you're failing at both here hoss....

Don't bother replying to me, I'm not going to be drawn into an argument with you. I just think you should check yourself and realize that you are not God's gift to officiating.

just my two cents...glad you have a good partner and the game goes great!
Sorry if I offended you or anything. I've been officiating for 6 years, but before that have been scorekeeping for many years and became good buddies with several officials that are now my mentors. I'm at a higher level now than some guys in the chapter who have been officiating for 10-15 years. Some will say that I've become lucky to have the two guys as my mentors and several others that help me out too, because these guys are the best in our chapter.

I've never said I was God's gift to officiating. In fact, I would be the first to say I'm far from it. I think God gave me a gift to be an official, but I'm not the utmost gift to this world that guys like Ed Rush would probably be. I still have a lot of work ahead of me, but I do put a lot of passion in to be officiating.