View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 12:06pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedonk View Post
This is exactly the situation I'm talking about. The general consensus seems to be don't call it if you don't see it, and I'm good with that. I'd like to be in better position, but despite best efforts, it doesn't always happen and I do wind up slowing down to get a better look... I find that works very well, although it may not look so good to the coaches and mommies and daddies. If that's all, I'm not too concerned about those viewpoints.
If you can't get to the baseline and pinch the paint to get a view of the contact, you should let the players pass you and hook around to call it from behind. This is, IMO, a situation where the attitude of "I can't get beat to the baseline" hurts officiating. I'd rather get beat and get a better view than get straightlined.

In 3-person, this is much easier. I'm not even trying to get backside contact -- that's the C's call all the way. With 2-person, the T may not be close enough to get a good view. I try my best to get there and help, but coming from the baseline, I may only get to the division line and it's hard to make a call from there on the dead run.

Like I always say: 2-person sucks.