View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to shishstripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I'd be careful about unilaterally penalizing a team for running around the entire perimeter of the gym, or some similar pregame activity, without the backing of your state high school athletics governing body, especially since this NFHS Point of Emphasis is no longer in the current rulebook.
Look at what the POE is asking state associations to adopt procedures for. Has nothing to do with running around the perimeter of the court. And I do understand that the POE is not in the current book but if it is unsporting should we do nothing?

The POE doesn't say to penalize them for running around the perimeter, which I do not think would disrupt their opponents warm-up unless they cut corners where they ran through the other teams warm-up to the point where it is disrupted.

What I pictured and remembered from my years in school was running around the perimeter and when on the opponent's end, cut through the middle of the key straight to center court. Which I remember happening 20+ years ago.

At the same time, how often does this really happen after our jurisdiction begins when we arrive on the court at 15:00?