Thread: State Patches.
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Chuck,I thought that IAABO was the governing state body in Maryland.Did I have that assumption wrong?
Hmmm, honestly I don't know the answer to that, since I'm in Massachusetts. MA = Mass, MD = Maryland. Click the following link if you're not sure how to address your mail. . . http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/pubs/pu...rmail.htm#abbr

Quote:
If IAABO is the official state body,don't all certified officials in the state have to belong to it?
The governing body for HS athletics in MA (the one in New England ) is the MIAA (Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association). The MIAA does not, as far as I know, dictate who may officiate games or meets. Since most games, including post-season games, are scheduled by a central assignor for a specific area, it's assumed that if the assignor is satisfied that the official is satisfactory then the official is, in fact, satisfactory.

Quote:
I also know from your previous posts that your IAABO training is fairly comprehensive.How does the training of the non-IAABO officials stack up with yours?
It doesn't. Not even close.

Quote:
Also,isn't your insurance affected if you officiate with a non-IAABO member?
I honestly don't know. But I'll definitely ask. It's worth knowing!

Chuck