Thread: State Patches.
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Marty Rogers
Chuck: There are plenty of IAABO officials (men and women) who referee boys AND girls HS games. They all wear the same IAABO patch embroidered into the shirt, also with the state shape embroidered on the sleeve. The American flag is optional and worn on the back, below the neckline.
Marty, I was going to email you, since I doubt that anybody outside MA cares, but I must've deleted your email address. Anyway, around here, we have sort of a screwed up situation. Our IAABO board is the local "boys" board and there is also a "girls" board which is not affiliated with IAABO at all. Until 3 years ago, neither board had anything to do with the other. Three years ago, it was decided that there would be a central assignor for all high school games -- girls and boys -- and that the assignor would be allowed to put "mixed" crews on the games.

So we now have a situation where IAABO members officiate with non-IAABO members (which is against our by-laws) on a regular basis. Boys board dues are $100/yr while girls board dues are roughly half of that figure. So a lot of guys have left the IAABO board, pay lower dues and still get to do some boys games. Meanwhile, the IAABO members are used for the girls games as well.

I don't like the situation at all. But it's just me, apparently. I would rather leave it the way it was and just do boys games. But that's not going to happen.

Just thought I'd let you know what goes on out here in the boonies of western MA

Chuck