View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I see this, but I also know that if I'm the lead on ball here, I'm doing my best to get an angle to help on the post play, as well.

As the trail, I'm not taking my focus off here, but I'm not going to stay across so I can look straight down into the post, either. I'll look as I'm sliding a bit back towards the sideline. I'm guessing that in practice we're not that different.

Let's face it -- in 2010, 2-person sucks, especially at the varsity level. It's a lot of doing the best you can. It's unfortunate that around here the coaches and ADs don't understand what they lose by not having 2 officials ball-side.
It absolutely sucks. I didn't realize it until this year how bad it sucks. I moved from a 2-man state to a 3-man state and fell in love with 3-man as soon as I figured it out. Then was mis-assigned a JV game (so they only assigned 2-man) that ended up being a varsity game. It was then I realized how much we were probably missing and wouldn't have if that 3rd guy was there.

In the OP, I still tend to stay deeper onto the court as a skip pass from one side all the way to the other is a lower percentage option than something closer to the paint. But if everyone is spread out, I may move closer to where you describe. It is difficult to give an all purpose answer to this because it all just depends on what the players are doing - that is what determines where I am to get the best angle on what I'm looking at.