View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 03, 2010, 03:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Yeah, but who cares what one official thinks looks good? What's the proper mechanic in your area?

We use the NFHS mechanic and we (at least the people I work with) don't switch on a timeout. That could be cause I'll ask for the ball if it's mine (and I report the timeout) and I'll bounce the ball when my partner has a timeout to report and then has the throw-in.
I'm lost on two man. Had a GV last night two man, terrible teams, small, very private schools, nobody in gym. Partner calls timeout, reports. I stay at spot on endline. First horn, and I think what the heck, I'll bring out home team as they were right there. I put ball down and it brushes my shoe and starts a slow roll. Not to worry, as it always comes back. But not this time. I turn around and can't find it..........gone. It had rolled under stands. I break my cardinal rule and try and find it. can't squeeze between wall and stands. Home player goes under stands and comes out with TWO balls. Little chuckle and she gets a golf clap from the crowd of 10. Later in quarter, another timeout and partner tosses ball my way as he reports TO. I don't see him toss ball and same thing happens! Same girl goes into catacombs to retrieve it again. That was a microcosm of my game. GIGO. I was as bad as the teams were.

Last edited by fullor30; Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 03:25pm.