View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 02, 2010, 04:27pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I know where the drive started, but the person with the perfect angle on the push/no push *and* the PC foul is the C. The C could easily get this. Gotta say, unless this is a real push that displaces (and not merely a little bump from behind) it's a PC foul (at least in my mind).

In a lot of my 3-person pregames this season, we've talked about who is going to step up on a foul in the lower half of the lane where the drive is right down the lane (like this). Most of us feel the L/C has a much better look than the T, who seems a long way away from this play. Of course the response of the official depends on whether they focus on men's or women's mechanics (if they work college ball, too). I really don't work either, and I think the L has a better chance to referee a secondary defender or even a defender that comes up from the baseline. OMMV (and does).

I wonder if the C pulled back because of how strong you came in here. To me, the message on an official coming in *this* strong can be "I've got something important to add here", right or wrong.

Good video. If possible, could you leave a few more seconds on either end of these calls (maybe 5 before and 5 after)?