Thread: Illegal court
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 01, 2010, 10:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I think you're mixing up two gyms. We worked at Horizon Christian a couple years ago.

What you're describing sounds like Horizon Christian. Westside has a "floating floor" that is laid on top of the carpet/concrete or whatever is under it...not a standard floor. The seating opposite the table at Westside is chairs....the area is basically the sanctuary for the church. They either take up the floor or lay something over it for Sunday.

Not any more. Vernonia flooded a couple years ago (maybe it was last year)...3' of mud in the gym, floor looked like a roller coaster when it was cleared. They tore down most of the school and rebuilt it on higher ground after 2nd "100-year" flood in must 10 years. The did keep the gym after replacing the floors. In doing so, they reset the baskets to be further from the ends. You're no longer sitting on the edge of the stage when you're lead or against the wall with your toes inboucds on the other end. The court is just shorter now....not much running no matter the style of play.
Well I got about zero percent of everything right.

Oh well, I miss a lot of the quirks of the Portland area towns. I haven't seen any of that around here yet. But the basketball is a whole lot better here, so I'll take that. And 3-man - hallelujah for 3-man.