View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 01, 2010, 06:05pm
certified Hot Mom tester

It's kind of a convoluted situation. There are three separate kids rec leagues in my area at the same "level". Most of the games they play are against teams in their own organization. However, last year, they started playing some "interlock" games, i.e. they play some of their games against teams from the other two organizations. The home team provides the officials. In this game, the home team was from my local kids rec league (of which I am a Board member) and the visiting team - the one that walked out - was from one of the neighboring organizations. All we can do is report what happened to the directors of their league, which is what we did. What, if anything, happens to that coach is up to them, not us.

BTW - the kids love going to one of the next towns over to play what they refer to as "an away game". The drive can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, so it's not like they're going to the east coast.

Also BTW - the three groups use slightly different rules modifications, so we have a set of agreed-upon "interlock rules" for those games. It can get somewhat confusing so we review them with the coaches before the games. As I said, the differences are minor, so it's not hard for the officials to understand the changes, but the coaches sometimes forget.

For you local guys, you know I'm in Tigard and the other two cities are Tualatin and Sherwood.