View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 01, 2010, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as the "old" 3-point line is still in use for NCAA women, shouldn't both lines be painted on pretty much every floor in college?

Question: how much of a problem is it when the line is painted yellow against the "wood-colored" floor? I have seen two schools (San Francisco and California) use a yellow men's 3-point line (the book says that when both lines are there, they need to be different colors, and the women's line is supposed to be the same as the other lines on the court as it touches the top of the free-throw circle), and it's almost impossible to see it on HDTV.

-- Don
The men use 20' 9", women 19' 9", and high school also at 19' 9". With having to have a mens line and a womens line I can see where it can get confusing even with the color differential. I wish there could be a universal 3 point line like it was before (except for the NBA) but I can understand why they adopted to move the line back to 20' 9". The schools I am at use black and red usually so it is not hard to see, I havent seen yellow yet