View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 11:13pm
Official Forum Member

I'm going to go against the crowd and completely agree with you cdurham.

I think the officials should be on their toes and be ready to make the right call. Some officials will just get lazy because they know they can 'fall back' on the monitor.

And you know what? If they miss a call and blow the game it wouldn't be the first time it happened. Officials are people and they make mistakes.

To the person who said something about NCAA tournament game losing by one and turns out the official scored a three pointer as a two. You know what? The official might have scored the three as a two and lost the game for them. But I am sure their were questionable calls earlier in the game that they gave to that team not knowing for sure if it was the right call or not. There is always questionable calls and that is what makes the game fun.

I read somewhere where they are creating a behind the plate umpire computer thing where it automaticly reads balls and strikes. This to me is absurd, it takes the fun out of the game. A great deal of calls by officials are judgement calls and it should stay this way.

I like the monitor replay if there is a fight or something. But to review OOB, etc I believe that the three officials should be able to come to some conclusion their selves instead of heading to the monitor.