View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

probably little to do with officiating

Even though the coach may have erroneously vented some of his frustration at officials, sounds to me that he was dissapointed in the lack of effort his team was giving, and in distgust declared (2nd hand paraphrasing here), "fine, if you don't want to play the game, then lets quit wasting everyone's time and go home." He makes a good point about effort in the face of adversity, but to just up and quit? No, that's never a "life lesson" that an adult role model and teacher should be modeling to kids. He's a loser, and he's teaching a losing attitude to young people.

His action is indefensible and he should be disciplined by his school in my opinion. I feel that motivation, or morale, is a function or by-product of leadership. How many times do we see teams taking a score board beating, yet continue to play hard and maintain an admirable disposition and attitude in spite of a lopsided score? Happens all the time.

I believe it's true that more can be learned from a loss than from winning. And the lessons are not restricted to basketball. JMHO

Last edited by bbcoach7; Sun Jan 31, 2010 at 03:59pm.