View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Ahh freshmen games

Had a first yesterday GFrosh game. I was the lead. A1 is driving toward the basket, B5 (big girl 6'4 250),step over to take a charge, A1 changes direction and drives toward the end line she is between the end line and basket. She misses B5 and her shot hits the middle of the rear of the backboard, don't know how it happened it just did. I had passes hit the back of the backboard, but not a shot hit the middle of the back of the back board. HTBT moment partner chuckling down the court.

Same game. B5 reaches over the player infront of her A5 (about 8"height difference, and B5 has very long arms). There is absolutley no contact btwn
B5 and A5. B5 losses ball out of bounds. A coach calls a time out. Irate over the no call for "over the back."
Coach of B says why wasn't there a foul. Partner and I say there was no contact. The ball went high and she just reached up a grabbed it over your player
Coach: You mean she gets an advantage over all of these girls because she so much taller then them?...
Priceless, I was speechless