View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 30, 2010, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

KU/KSU Mechanics

Obviously not my position to critique since I'm at home and they are working the game but,

In the last minute when State scored to make it 68-69, did it not look like the defender took it in the chest and then did it not look like the calling official pointed the other way? I was a little confused when State went to the line for one. Not so worried about whether it was a block or charge, just interested in the mechanics.

There were several close block/charge calls that will be fun to look at on youtube. At least one that went KU's way I did not agree with and yes I am a Jayhawk fan. I had a hard time picking up on what the call was several times, and from the reaction of the crowd and announcers I wasn't the only one confused. At camps I've been to there was emphasis on "selling the tough call". There were several bangers were I thought the mechanic was almost casual. On the other hand, I like the mechanic of pointing right away on oob calls. All three on the crew looked crisp and convincing on some tough oob calls. Thoughts?