View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 30, 2002, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

I tell the book to help us out and remind of the 7th foul (bonus) We as officials on the floor should be aware of this but an extra reminder doesn't hurt. Also holding up the "5" if a player gets his/her 5th foul. Also I politely ask the book to keep the possesion arrow manually (i have seen incorrect switching and this has verified the correct direction) it is also nice to have them let you know when a coach is out of timeouts. I do notify the coach when he is out but I know others that believe he should be knowledgable of what he has left and do not, but I believe that was a heated topic in a past thread. I will also let the book person know that I will be asking for a thumbs up confirmation w/ under 1 minute remaining in the game, so we as officials can leave the floor after the horn.

As far as the clock operator, I make sure they are firmiliar w/ clock start/stop signals, as well as reminding them not to put up a team foul until we have reported it. I have seen officials erroneously award bonus throws by "believing" the number of fouls on the scoreboard. I may be missing something here and others may think this is unnessary but I have found that being on the same page w/ the table saves headaches. JMO