View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 29, 2010, 12:20pm
Huck Finn

You let him punk you out of your call, so I think you are to blame. Also, where were all the players when this happened? Was he just ball-watching?

In my younger, more volatile, days, I was doing a game on a military instalation. A play happened right in front of me and I called a foul. I wasn't ball-watching so I saw the whole play. I was on my way to the table when one of my partners comes up to me and says the other player committed the foul. He didn't have a whistle on the play and I was wondering what he was doing. Like I said, I was more volatile back then so I told him, "Well you go report it then!" This idiot had the audacity to go and report the foul! All heck broke loose in the locker room at halftime. This was a tournament and I told the assigner, my friend, "One of us isn't finishing this game." Well, he thought he could get me to calm down and he was dead wrong. I think he ended up finishing the game in my place. The other referee never did very well as an official because he was always doing something stupid. He had a daughter that I tried to talk to later - she was a cutie - but she was too much of a Daddy's girl. Normally that would be OK, but since her father didn't care for me it was a no go. Yes, he was that much older than me that he had a daughter that I could go out with legally!